skip to Main Content

No, dogs cannot eat grapes. They are not safe in any amount. 

Grapes are packed with nutrients, especially vitamins C and K. While there are plenty of fruits and vegetables your dog can eat, grapes are not one of them.

Why can’t dogs eat grapes?

Because they could have a serious toxic reaction. The exact cause of toxicity in dogs after they eat a grape is not known. Some dogs may have more severe reactions than others.

Symptoms of Grape Toxicity

If you’re eating grapes and happen to drop one, and your dog ingests it, he may experience any of these symptoms:

  • Lethargy or weakness
  • Decreased appetite
  • Vomiting and/or diarrhea within a few hours of ingestion
  • Dehydration
  • Increased thirst and urine production
  • Decreased or no urine production
  • Tenderness in abdomen

If left untreated, some dogs may develop kidney failure, which can be fatal. 

If your dog has ingested grapes, treatment is absolutely crucial. Contact your veterinarian. They may suggest you induce vomiting as soon as possible. Don’t induce vomiting if your dog is having trouble breathing, exhibiting distress, is unconscious, or if you are unsure what he has eaten.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top