skip to Main Content

No. You should not feed your dog this saltwater fish. It could lead to a number of different health problems.

Tuna has high levels of mercury. But too much mercury can result in mercury poisoning, which can cause severe or fatal health complications.

If you want to treat your dog to some fish, you should choose a safer fish than tuna. This includes whitefish, salmon, flounder, and arctic char.

Symptoms of mercury poisoning in dogs:

  • Loss of feeling in paws
  • Loss of coordination
  • Hair loss
  • Tremors
  • Anxiety
  • Blindness
  • Kidney damage
  • Abdominal swelling
  • Vomiting blood
  • Diarrhea

If you observe any of these symptoms in your dog, take him to the veterinarian immediately.

To recap:

Can dogs eat tuna fish?

Nope. Don’t even think about it.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top